The Story of Passing the Baton Leadership Resources
Passing the Baton was never started with the intent to have a podcast and deliver resources across the globe. It began as a small idea that Zack had to give his leaders weekly insights on leadership outside of the normal business of the day. Originally called Leadership Insights, the name was changed to Passing the Baton as it formalized and began to spread outside of the original organization. Le’s face it, Leadership Insights was also about generic as you could get.
A year into the weekly newsletters and a trip down the wrong end of one way, the idea of a podcast was born. The guys didn’t know what they were doing, but they knew that the resources could help others. Now the newsletters and blog posts reach over 100 countries across the globe and thousands listen to the podcast every week.
Today, Zack and John are passionate about helping organizations reach their potential through their people. If you’d like to work with Zack or the full team, you can reach them at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- I’ve made it to 38 of the 50 states so far.
- I minored in jazz bass in college.
- I’ve chest-bumped a whale shark.
- My daughter lived in 5 cities by the time she was 5.
- Sharon and I love Disney more than just about anything.
- I jumped out of a plane…with my mom.
- I served in the military.
- Pies are my weakness.
- I’ve survived running with the bulls and hang gliding.
- I’ve been in movies and TV shows.
I grew up in a small town just south of Fort Worth Texas. I spent a little over twenty years in or around that area thinking I would be like most everyone else that simply live there forever. Well, that all changed when Hurricane Katrina hit and my now wife transferred to the college I was attending and we embarked on a journey that hasn’t slowed down one bit in over ten years!
In our ten years of marriage, we have moved eight times and have been blessed along the way with two amazing children that thankfully love adventure as much as we do.
Over these years I have had the privilege to speak truth and encouragement into many lives through multiple public speaking opportunities and leadership roles. I find no greater pleasure than helping someone realize how much potential they truly have and investing in them to help them influence others. I love that people allow me to be a small part of their journey as they go through life.
I currently have an amazing opportunity to lead a large group of people through multi-site management. I also get to invest in others through hosting the Passing the Baton Leadership Podcast which has begun affecting people globally through the weekly podcast, newsletter, and other various resources.
Reach John at firstname.lastname@example.org
What you may not know
- I roast coffee and am a self-proclaimed coffee snob
- Sharing a birthday with Chris Farley explains a good bit about me.
- Dabbled in stand-up comedy
- Solves the Rubix cube in a minute or less…usually
- Enjoy’s spending time with family
- I have never chest bumped a whale shark